Resolute...

Surprisingly CJ has declared herself a New Year's resolution. At 2 years of age she has resolved to eat pickles this year. I'm not sure where that came from but I love it. Kate resolved to eat healthier food. She bats a pretty good average when choosing healthy over sugar but we all have our moments of weakness.

Through the month of December I managed to blog 25 + or - days in a row. Since then I have been an awfully lazy blogger. Actually lazy is the wrong word because I made a conscious decision to avoid blogging and Facebook. Between vacation in Florida, New York and our various Christmas travels, I barely touched a computer. I don't think I've logged on since Thursday of last week. While I really enjoy catching up with friends via Facebook, reading blogs and writing my own, I've found that life goes on without it. This realization kind of led me towards a resolution for myself this year. Instead of ignoring the kids so I can focus on blogs and Facebook, I'm going to ignore blogs and Facebook so I can focus on the kids.

Thanks to my resolution and unseasonably gorgeous January weather, we've been doing a lot of this...


...without coats or hats or mittens.

To continue with my new found love of ignoring unnecessary things I also added messes to my list. I've worried less about dishes, laundry and dust and spent more time focusing on playing UNO, reading books and dancing to 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' about 87 times. And I'm not exaggerating. The results have been tremendous. I've barely had to act as a referee, breaking up fights between Child A and Child B. I've traded whining, tattling and fighting for bigger piles of dishes and dirty laundry. And I'm totally cool with that.

I'm not about to quit completely. In fact, I'm ignoring CJ for a few minutes to type this up. As a stay-at-home mommy I need that virtual interaction with adults because there aren't too many grown-ups to be found around here during the day. And like all well intended New Year's resolutions I'm sure there will be some lapse in my new found efforts but I plan to do my dandest to keep it up.

Back to play time, although that pile of laundry is staring to smell. Trade-offs are hard but sometimes so worth it.

Comments

Good for you! Although I will miss your blog posts and humor. :o( Enjoy your girls!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...