party on, Wayne...

Like the rest of Iowa, we were shocked into winter this past Wednesday. Around noon that day the girls and I walked to school with coats unzipped and a springy spring in our step. CJ later took a nap and when she awoke we pulled on boots, mittens and scarves. This isn't news. Winter has finally arrived and we are all well aware. I was really enjoying the unseasonably warm temps but winter's arrival was timely. We are about to begin Kate's birthday celebrations and a January birthday should really involve snow and sledding.

While she won't reach the ripe old age of five until next week, her excitement began several months ago. Today I hung the rainbow birthday banner I made for her and this has only ramped up the anticipation.

Yes, that's a book in our fireplace. It's a long, cold story.

Countless seasoned moms have warned that days with children are long but the years are short. I never bought into that baloney until I woke up and realized Kate is almost five. FIVE!? Five is the beginning of a new chapter. I'm excited but astonished that she has transformed from teeny tiny to big girl.

1 1/2 years old 

4 years, last year's birthday party...and she really has more than 3 fingers on each hand

Five is a big number and worthy of a celebration. We are planning a rainbow theme complete with tie-dye rainbow cake and homemade ice cream. It's going to be a good weekend.

Let the celebrating begin!



Comments

The banner is beautiful! You must have had a productive afternoon. :o) Have a fun weekend!

P.S. My afternoon consisted of taking Lincoln to the doctor and discovering he has an ear infection. No nap again. :o(
I'd love to be at Kate's party. Her card is on the way and I think it will be there Tueday. We had snow last night and it is white everywhere.
Hope the celebrations go well.. sounds like fun!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...