From LPC to NYC...

Attention readers: we are in recovery mode. We tested the waters and learned that the rumors are true. The City of New York never sleeps and neither did we. It was fabulous. All insomniacs should take up residence in New York and party their butts off 24/7. I like New York City...a lot, like a whole heaping lot. The character, the characters, the nonstop sights with literally thousands of things to do. Ah, I was overcome. You could live a lifetime in that city and still never see it all. I will be back. WE will be back. Our list of New York things-to-do is still a mile long and a foot wide.



We have Iowa State University to thank for our trip. The university didn't pay but they did pave the way. A return trip to New York has been on our radar for years and thanks to the Pinstripe Bowl we found our excuse to go. 

Either Dina shrunk in New York or she is slouching. We are tall but not THAT tall! 

We rung in 2012 in the heart of the world's New Year's celebrations: Time Square. New York knows how to celebrate.



Behind the heavy commercialized portions of Manhattan lie unbelievably beautiful areas to discover. I particularly enjoy this picture; a stunning bridge with a Central Park trail running underneath. And while he is way too handsome to be a bridge troll, Matt's dad tried his darndest.



Central Park is teeming with giant rocks just begging us to break an ankle. Thankfully Dina and I came out safe and sound. I think Dina's muscle flex means she was proud. 















It was a trip to remember and a trip we'll relive sometime in the future because even twice isn't enough. From LPC to NYC. We had a blast.
See you soon NYC!

Comments

J-D-K-G said…
So glad you loved it, Sarah! I, too, loved NYC. I went on Caravan with Orchard Hill Church a few years back. Can't even begin to imagine what it's like on New Years Eve. Pretty sweet trip for you guys!
So glad it was such a fun trip! I want to go to NYC someday. Austin has been there, and I don't think he really cares to go back. Maybe you can take me. ;o)
Glad you had so much fun. I looked for you guys on tv when the ball dropped (I didn't know if you would be there or not) but didn't see you. Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...