break time...

Alone time is a rare gem for me these days. Who I am kidding. Alone time is uncommon for a lot of people.
But when the stars align, like they have this very lovely afternoon, I take full advantage.
I just awoke from a brief nap and am now making googly eyes at a big bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Shall I read a book, catch up on blogs, clean house?
I think I'll enjoy the peace.
I hope the stars have aligned for you too today!


What do you do with time to yourself? Is it bad that my first reaction is to eat desserts?

Comments

So glad you got a little time to yourself! I had high hopes of the stars aligning today b/c Lincoln was overtired due to his skipped nap yesterday and having been woken up this morning to get to MOPS on time. Emily had complained of not feeling well all morning and talked big about taking a nap herself. I thought I'd sneak in a quick little one, too (since I was up past midnight). Alas, I received a phone call 20 minutes in. Emily gave up on the nap after 10 min. and had sneaked downstairs to watch videos. Lincoln ended up only napping 1.5 hours (he has been averaging 3).

So I am now sitting in front of the computer while my children gawk at the TV. Sigh. I think I might have to re-read your "Resolute" post every morning to get my priorities straight. :o)
If I had some time for myself I'd take the check book -get in the car & go shopping for myself. slacks- tops - shoes and maybe a new purse.
Icecream break sounds wonderful.. on occassion I'd take some hot cocoa. Normally I'd sit and read but for some reason I have not been reading lately.. I think with the holidays I just didn't feel I had time and I haven't felt like getting back into it.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...