A full work-out...

When I came up with today's plan I immediately had flashbacks to one summer day in Des Moines. Straight out of graduate school I was living alone in a rather junky apartment and working at my first ever professional job. With no cable television, my boyfriend, now husband, living 100 miles to the east and only a cat to call a friend, I was hunting for ways to stall boredom.

I did not add the Christmas ornament to the cookie baking counter, but I bet you can guess who did.

...enjoying the unbelievable December weather...

I was a regular runner, logging 3 miles a day, five days a week but the pattern was becoming tedious. One afternoon while sitting inside my cubicle I decided that evening I was going to run a full hour. I'd never done it before but why the heck should that stop me. I punched out and stepped outside to a 90+ degree day. Heh, that hour long run suddenly didn't sound so awesome but I couldn't back out, I was already committed. Long story short, I completed the run, returned home to no electricity or air conditioning and I finally stopped sweating about a month ago. This was the start of my long distance running career.*

T

Flash forward to today where I awoke with a large dose of motivation. I vacuumed the whole house, finished up 8 loads of laundry and to top it off completed an hour long run. Yes, I peeled my lazy bones off the couch, wrote off my regular 3-mile route and pounded pavement for a good solid hour, just like the days in my shabby Des Moines apartment. (Except I came home to electricity.)

So my point is, and I do have one, I like myself a good old, fashion challenge. Tell me I can't do it and that just makes me more motivated. I'm a stubborn girl and I like it that way.

Tell me, "You're not quite smart enough to major in Economics." Done. "You'll never get all 20 dozen cookies baked today." Check. "You should really watch this great new movie, 'Top Gun.'" Still haven't seen it. I told ya I'm a stubborn one.


Today was a very rewarding day. And I best hold onto it because I'm sure I'll follow it up with a slow Tuesday and too many goodies in my pajamas. And that's alright with me too.



*Career is extremely loosing defined in this instance.


Comments

Wow--that's quite a productive day! Great job!

I can't believe you've never seen "Top Gun"! I've probably watched that movie more times second only to "Mary Poppins". LOL

P.S. Love the new Santa collage at the top of your blog. :o)
I'd love to have your drive.Send a lttle this way!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...