17...

Christmas is in full swing here.
We've been decking the halls and singing fa-la-la-la-la until our cups runneth over...with hot chocolate.
The other day I made hot cocoa from scratch. 
The kind of homemade stuff with more sugar than milk and more cocoa than chemically designed powder from those Swiss Valley premeasured packets. 
To top it off, homemade whipped cream, sprinkles (pink, of course) and candy canes.
Our bellies were full and our supper was ruined.
So worth it.

*******************************************************

Today we stuffed envelopes with Christmas cards and holiday stickers while sipping tea and dining on crumpets. 
We were feeling rather royal. Yeah, baby. (Said in my best Austin Powers' accent.)
I also wore several layers of clothes as I recited more appropriate Austin Powers lines like, "It's frickin freezing in here, Mr. Bigglesworth." Because it really is freezing in our old, drafty, yet gorgeous house.
(I'm really not that big of Austin Powers fan. It's just that formal tea and crumpets makes me feel British and sadly, Austin Powers is the first famous Britain, although fictional, to pop in my head.)


I must get back to the tea party. My guests are getting restless.

Comments

The hot cocoa sounds and looks delightful! We should have a hot cocoa party (hint, hint : )

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...