The tropics...

While my heart belongs to Iowa, I must admit I left a huge chunk of love in Marco Island.

 This looks like a set-up for Jaws 4.

Those nine days were fabulous. I loved every minute.
Ok, so I didn't love the 5:30 a.m. wake-up calls (4:30 a.m. Central time) from this girl...

...but we powered through it.
I can't blame her, really. Who would want to lay in bed while there was so much to explore outside?


 I'm a summer sun, sand-loving kind of girl.

 So is she...

 And she...


Kate fell hard for the sand and surf.



Each morning began with a request for the beach.

And each evening ended with sand in all sorts of places.



 Watch out for my six-shooter. She means business!

 Hands up, Grandma!
When we weren't at the beach we were doing this out back...



 Shooting squirt guns and swinging pool noodles... That's how this girl rolls.





High-flying pool jumping! We all took a turn!



And we tamed the wild beasts of the sea...

While others played half-naked cards.

We took a break from the surf, sand and pool to catch some fish one morning.
This girl was all about it!

And so was I!

Kate and Matt caught a silver trout.
He was big enough to keep and eat.

Matt reeled in a 6 pound black drum fish and the crew devoured him 3 hours later.
The man of the house provided for his family.

I caught myself a hammerhead shark.
(It's technically a bonnet head but they are almost identical.)

His eyes were so funny he looked like something straight out of a cartoon.
His teeth, however, were all business. Those suckers looked sharp.
Thankfully none of us learned first hand!
 I was obviously VERY proud of my catch. :)

Four hours of fishing later we were all wiped out.

...literally...

We smiled, we laughed, we swam and we ate like kings.
It was a vacation to remember!

And this was the day we lost our car rental keys to the sea.
But at least we have the happy memory of Kate fulfilling a dream; to be buried in the sand.


 We thoroughly enjoyed that silver trout and black drum. 





So long Marco Island.
We'll be back.

Comments

Mindy Kramme said…
Beautiful pictures! Looks like a great family vacation!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...