Transitioning...

The return to normalcy after a super vacation isn't always the smoothest.
I've been doing pretty well but I've also sunk myself deep into some serious projects.
I continue to start new activities before I finish the last.
I guess now I know where Kate gets her focus (or lack thereof.)


November in Iowa and it's 55 degrees. It may not be a tropical paradise but we're still taking in the local sites. 


My mind and body were still thinking warm because I went out for a jog in shorts the other day.
Thanks to my delusions, I'm beginning to feel the start of a cold.
I'm sure in some strange way this potential cold is Iowa's punishment for me missing Florida so much.


Thankfully I've got a box of Cold-eeze (have you tried that stuff? It rocks!) and lots of irons in the fire.
These are all good things to keep me preoccupied from the inevitable winter weather and a groggy head.


Besides, hitting the park with these two beauties makes me smile no matter what the circumstances may be.
We may be beach girls but when we're home, we are 100% girls of the park.


The return home has had it's comforting moments, that's for sure.
It's good to curl up at a familiar table in ballerina jammies.


And I've been happy to dive back into my Pumpkin Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
But this time, I enjoy it from my kitschy Florida mug.
It's ugly and I love it.


And really, although I thoroughly enjoyed sand in my toes, sometimes a chunky pair of winter boots is just as  soothing.


Yes, we're slowly transitioning into the familiar routine of school, park play and making messes on the living room floor.


We missed our Dina, books, crayons and kitty cat.
It is good to be home.


Comments

Those are really good pictures Kate?Did you draw them.?

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...