The party and the recovery...

Back in my 20s I was no stranger to the early morning hours. Watch movies til 1 a.m.? Sure! Hanging with friends on the town til 2:00 a.m.? I'm there. But now days, the sight of 10:30 p.m. causes a panic. It's part knowledge that my two favorite girls will be up before the sun and part me just getting old. So when my friend Jennie suggested we try out the midnight showing of the new Twilight movie I immediately balked. Midnight movie? Haha! Who does she think I am. Britney Spears? 

But you know what I did? (I'm darn proud of myself.) I put my worries aside and dove head first into that midnight showing.

 Earlier in the day I pushed aside all the furniture, gave the girls a great big box and told them to burn off every ounce of energy. Mama was going to need a nap.


It was a great night. We left at 9:30, stood in line until 10:30 and waited with all of the other crazy Twilight fans for the midnight show to begin. When it wrapped up around 2:00 a.m. I felt awesome. I probably could have kept going. Today however is a different story. Today I'm actually dragging. A lot. Yeah, I'm not joking. I feel like a pile of poo.


But the girls have been fantastic all day. Their good behavior is surely a blessing considering the state of exhaustion I am in.


So while a 3 a.m. bedtime didn't seem too bad at the time I'm glad I don't plan to do that regularly.

The girls and Matt often sit in one small chair together to watch various Youtube videos featuring crocodiles and monkeys. CJ is obsessed with crocodiles.


No regrets though. It was totally worth it!

Comments

You can do that yet at your age but just wait a few more years.
I feel pathetic knowing my bed time is usually 9:00/10pm, but since making the switch about a month ago, I feel so much better and rested during the day. But good for you for staying up late and having fun.. we all need that sometimes.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...