Opposites attract...

I am certainly not the first person to ever have two children, but it is my first time ever having two children. 
I like it a lot. These girls are my world. They're sweet, intelligent, fun-loving but, and you knew a 'but' was coming, when they are together... boy howdy, you'd better put on a helmet because you're gonna get hit with a lot of crap. Proverbially crap, literal crap, figurative crap...it's all gonna fly.


But among the flying crap a rainbow in the form of preschool or nap time or a simple miracle arrives and you get a glimpse at how one child can act when they are away from the other crap-flinger. (Is this too graphic? Sorry. I'm just being honest.)


Today was one of those rainbow days. Kate had preschool while little sister and I had some fabulous quality time together. We read books at the library for an hour and played at the park together for another hour and a half. This afternoon was a breath of fresh air. CJ laughed, smiled and had herself a fun-filled, one-on-one-with-mom time.




If there was a magic pill to help CJ and Kate be themselves when they're together I would take it. Or feed it to them; I'm not ashamed. 


Paula Abdul, in all her musical wisdom, taught me that opposites attract. Perhaps my two beauties are simply too much alike?

This picture of CJ reminds me SO much of Kate. I think it's the eyelashes?


If you've got advice then I will take it. I'm all ears if you have any possible solutions. And if not? Well, I'll continue to love these two and teach them to love and respect each other. Quite honestly I do believe they care a lot for one another. And it's not necessarily that they fight all the time. It's the mere presence of the other that causes individual personalities and behavior to change.


All in all, disagreements or not, I am one very lucky mama.
(But I'd still take that advice if you have some.) 


Comments

No advice- you are doing fine
Your Dad & Valerie fought. You and Ryan fought. so it comes naturally. But you all loved each other. Just kids!
With Wendell and Harlie I make them seperate. One goes upstairs while one stays downstairs or I make them play in seperate rooms. I am even considering getting (now Phil laughed at this) boxes, big boxes and making mini pack-in-plays. They get their own box. I haven't done it yet but it's the next option.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...