Christmas bliss...

If you spend any time reading blogs or viewing Facebook you can find photos of various Christmas trees galore. Most look the same, ours included, but there is enough excitement bubbling behind those Christmas tree pics to warrant the need to share with the world. The family and I decorated two trees this weekend, my parents' and our own. Actually we have one real tree and several artificial trees. We've accumulated at least six artificial trees in our seven short years of marriage. And believe it or not, we didn't purchase a single one. That's what happens when you have family looking to 'share' their old trees and when you move into a partially cleaned out old home. We found a great big Christmas tree in the basement.

******************

While I ordered our Christmas cards a couple of weeks ago I'm wishing I would have waited. 
Wouldn't this have made a cheery greeting?!


Or I could have used this pic instead. Although I think I'm partial to the previous photo.


Storing, hauling and hanging Christmas decorations is a lot of work. I've given my biceps and calves a serious workoutorkout with all my trips from attic to living room. There are times when I think about minimizing our decorations, and then I look at the faces of my little girls. The sparkle in their eye is enough for me to forgo minimization and instead rush to buy more ornaments, faux santas and boxes of candy canes.


Christmas through the eyes of a four year old is the best! Heck, viewing the entire world through the eyes of a four year will transform you from boring, old scrooge to Santa's little helper. (And I'm not talking about the dog from The Simpsons.)





It's been a fun few days dreaming of Christmas, family gatherings, Christmas Eve church service, stockings and gifts.


We have Norwegian Kringla to bake. 
We have gifts left to purchase. 
We have countless parties to attend. 
And I can't wait to get started!



The only thing that seems to be missing from our merry equation is a big ol' snowstorm. And while I typically shrivel away from cold weather I wouldn't mind a little snow for Christmas. Let Mother Nature decorate our world for the holidays while we squeeze in a sledding trip or two and then it can all melt away. I give it permission. 


Yes, the holiday season is upon us and we are falling in deep. It's sure to be a marvelous month!




Comments

Looks as if a good time was for everyone. It is an exciting time and so much fun putting the tree up.Sure isn't Christmas weather yet.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...