Salsa diet...
Since discovering this recipe, I'm fairly certain that at least half of the food I consume is salsa. Thank you to my in-laws for sharing it with me. And now I share it with you...
one minute salsa
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup drained jarred pickled jalapenos (I typically exclude these)
2 tbsp lime juice (fresh is best)
2 garlic cloves (again, fresh is best)
1/2 tsp salt
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained (I only use a 15 oz can b/c I like a lot of onion, garlic and cilantro flavor)
Drain the tomatoes in a colander. Meanwhile, combine all the other ingredients and then add the drained tomatoes. The salsa can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days but if you are like me, you will eat it in one sitting...by yourself. Okay, maybe not all but close. Dina usually helps me eat it fast.
If you need further inspiration watch this video. Although it is a different salsa recipe, it still gets you in the salsa-loving mood. PS...if you make the mojito from the video, don't use spiced rum. I'm just saying. http://vimeo.com/26847728
one minute salsa
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup drained jarred pickled jalapenos (I typically exclude these)
2 tbsp lime juice (fresh is best)
2 garlic cloves (again, fresh is best)
1/2 tsp salt
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained (I only use a 15 oz can b/c I like a lot of onion, garlic and cilantro flavor)
Drain the tomatoes in a colander. Meanwhile, combine all the other ingredients and then add the drained tomatoes. The salsa can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days but if you are like me, you will eat it in one sitting...by yourself. Okay, maybe not all but close. Dina usually helps me eat it fast.
If you need further inspiration watch this video. Although it is a different salsa recipe, it still gets you in the salsa-loving mood. PS...if you make the mojito from the video, don't use spiced rum. I'm just saying. http://vimeo.com/26847728
Comments