Halloween...

Do you remember the excitement of being a kid at Halloween? I sure do. In fact, I still feel that excitement pulse through me when we cover the kitchen floor in newspapers for pumpkin carving. Or the thrill of dressing in costume as fast as you possibly can because you can't bear the thought of missing out on any of the action. Seeing your friends running through the streets dressed as princesses, witches, cats...it's all so imaginative. And it still gets me excited!!

Dina's never experienced that exact excitement...until she got to carve her first ever pumpkin.
Kate made sure to show her the ropes...


She's never gone trick-or-treating, so the girls were happy to show her...as long as she was able to keep up.
Those girls sprinted through the streets in search of porch lights.


I decided to wear my silly Halloween wig. Once I put it on I realized my hair looked a little like Dina's
So Matt tried it on too, then draped his shoulders with Dina's coat shivering and cursing the cold.
Dina laughed hard! I'm glad she's a good sport!

It was a gorgeous Halloween.
The temperature was perfect; crisp but sunny.
So long Halloween 2011.  We're moving onto November and I cannot wait!
(It's my favorite month of the year!)

Comments

Halloween is so fun for the little kids.. this was Harlie's first year of real trick or treating and she was so cute.. as I'm sure C.J. was too. Harlie would go up to the door and say "treat".
Dina will think we Americans are weard!.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...