Fall, glorious fall...

With each leaf I watch fall off the trees, I dread winter a little more. Winter is not my favorite. But this fall sure has been fabulous with temps in the 70s and 80s, gorgeous red, orange and yellow leaves hanging from tree limbs and wild, happy kids lapping up every second of it. Yes, I'm not looking forward to winter but dang it, I will enjoy the pleasant weather while it's here.


This past Saturday we enjoyed fabulous weather in my parents' backyard while Matt was stuck in the office. 


The girls told Grandpa they wanted to rake leaves for him. But he saw through that plan. They just wanted giant piles of crunchy leaves to jump in.

Notice the hand sneaking out from the leaves to get CJ! 

 Yikes! Now the hands are strangling her! Actually, my dad was just trying to hold CJ still so I could snap a picture of both girls looking at the camera. It worked but they don't look too happy about it.

 Dina enjoyed some leaf jumping, too!


As did Grandma Smith. The girls buried her in leaves.


That Grandma; she's like a chameleon. Her hair matches the leaves.
And we all went home with crunched up leaves in a whole lot of places.

Comments

Sounds as if is was a funn day.

We have tons of leaves & many more on the trees.I am hoping a big wind will blow them out of here

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...