Shuffling...

Although today is only Tuesday I feel very confident when I say that this week is enormously better than the last. For the life of me I cannot differentiate between bad days and good. Our days are not overly busy so  I cannot blame our schedule. Perhaps some days it is our lack of schedule? Playing indoors with the occasional trip to the park doesn't seem to cut it lately. Whomever discovered the phrase 'waking up on the wrong side of the bed' was completely right.There is no rational explanation for good or bad or funky or okay, we just all have these days and they are completely unpredictable.

So many caption possibilities...

*************
Did you know I have a small table sitting in my dining room? It's broken in two pieces and has been lying upside down in there for a few weeks. Did you also know I grew up in a super clean house? My house is not super clean as evidenced by the broken-in-two, upside down table lying in my dining room. I try to keep a clean house but it seems most of my efforts are aimed more towards general pick-up than spotless hard wood floors. Like most moms I probably pick up the living room at least 8 times a day, and that is no exaggeration. I have already picked up in there 6 times today; I've been counting.

Dina: Learning the fine art of 'tunnel monster;' a frequently played game in our house.

Lately I've been trying to give up on the goal of cleanliness. Like a five star, homemade dinner that everyone loves; it's just not going to happen. I will say though that I've been clearing out rooms. I collect the toys that no one pays attention to and quickly, quietly shove them into boxes and tubs. The girls haven't missed them. In fact, I 'cleaned house' with the girls around. I just kept my lips sealed and the garbage bag open. No one said a thing. And to my relief and surprise they played beautifully once 90 percent of their toys were safely stored in my tightly shut 'sewing room.' It's the room where no one sews, but it does however store a sewing machine.

Perhaps cleanliness isn't the goal for me. Maybe it's decluttering and then living with the few things that inevitably lay on the floor waiting for someone to step on. It's a lot easier to pick up 10 toys than it is to pick up 100. And my mood is a lot happier when I live with less. Eh, whatever. Next week could perhaps be another rough one and I'll be singing a different tune. I guess for now I will just enjoy the week I'm in.

Random photo... I'm just dreaming of hot weather, cool pools and sandy beaches!


Comments

We should have a discussion about cleaning and decluttering sometime.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...