New experiences...

This past weekend we packed a whole lot into three short days.
Isn't it funny that even three day weekends sometimes don't feel long enough?

Anyway...

We took Dina to her first college football game. ISU v UNI
Yes, I swam for UNI and yes, I still support UNI but I sported ISU gear because Matt has several big ties to ISU and I needed to look like the supportive wife. (FYI - Matt did NOT pressure me to do this.)

Our first Ames stop was Buffalo Wild Wings for some, well...wings!
We prefer boneless and I prefer spicy. Matt likes his with sugar and no spice.
It turns out Dina loves spice too and the two of us together braved the second hottest spice on the menu.
No problemo, people! Next time we are conquering the hottest.


After touring the ISU campus and visiting the bookstore for sweatshirts we hit the tailgates.
The weather was crummy but our spirits were high.



The football game was actually hideously boring until the last 7 minutes of the game where both teams finally moved the ball. I think half the crowd was falling asleep.

****************************

Despite never golfing once her life, Dina golfed twice this weekend.
We went out Friday night with the little girls and Monday afternoon Dina and I golfed with my sister, Lindsay.


I'm not sure who has more fun driving the golf cart...Kate, CJ or Dina...
(Actually I really like driving, too!)



As usual the little girls were tired of golfing after two holes so they did this...


Thankfully we were the only ones on the course so they could run wild without worry of flying golf balls.
The little girls ran themselves silly; hanging from willow tree branches, nose diving into the grass, giggling hysterically.
It was a fun night followed by bed for the littles and a movie for the adults.

I hope your long weekend was just as fun!

Comments

Which team are you going to root for this weekend?

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...