Riding the wave...

Like you, I look forward to vacation. Months in advance I create a mental packing list and tuck it away until it's time to really get serious about filling that suitcase. I dream of things we'll do, foods we'll eat; I'll plan for rest and instead stay up late and wake with the sun. Not just because my almost two year old dislikes sleep but because there is so much to look forward to on vacation.

The opposite holds true when that last day of vacation arrives. My eyes crack open with a little less ease and that mental packing list is crumbled up and tossed in the trash because it is officially time to return to reality.

I like vacation. 



I'm a beach girl at heart. 
My skin begs for hot sun, sand in my toes and a cold margarita in my hand...or an iced coffee. 
A girl's gotta cool off somehow.


Laying back and putting up my feet...that's how I roll. But really those moments of relaxtion are just that...moments; because in between slathering coconut sunscreen and sipping iced coffees a beach-goer needs to play in the sand. 
Sand castles aren't exactly my forte but I'm always willing to try.


Our Clear Lake vacation involves lots of people. LOTS!
Family and friends and of course, scores of children who would rather sleep on a pool float than stretch out in a bed.


Thank goodness for grandmas and grandpas who give us parents a break.
Another iced coffee for me, please because grandma has got the girls.
Ahhh...vacation. :)



Something unusual happened during this year's getaway.
The Surf Ballroom hosted Blues Traveler. Remember them for way back when?
A bunch of us went out for the show.
That is one big, bad dude on the harmonica. He oozed talent.


And we oozed fun.



When the concert lights dimmed, when the sun set on our last day and when we all had our fill of water, sand and sun, we hopped back into the pool for one last dip. It was one last chance at creating a memory to hold onto until it's time to start a new mental packing list.
Kate in the pool game room. Sister and I played some grueling games of foosball.

CJ sported a vacation-ending sad face and so did we.


So long Clear Lake. We will ache for you until next year.

Comments

What a fun vacation.!! And what cute girls!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...