A not so easy wrapping...

My mind was (and still is) swimming with a million thoughts this weekend.
Thoughts of everything from grocery shopping lists to pedicures to Kuwaiti teenagers.
Now that's a broad spectrum, don't ya think?

A large portion of Saturday was spent hanging out with family to celebrate my mom's birthday and other things.
Some of us chipped in and bought my mom a nook.
I was feeling creative. I didn't want to simply wrap it, so I decided to hollow out a book and hide the nook inside.
The hallowed out book was supposed to look something like this...

But wouldn't you know, hallowing out a book is no simple task.
I sweated, I swore, I almost lost a finger...and then I gave up.
This is what my hallowed out book looked like.


And I had about 200 more pages to go before the nook would fit snugly inside.
I abandoned ship and instead wrapped a book jacket around the nook.


See...peek-a-boo! You thought we were giving you a "Freakonomics" book but, tee hee, it's really a nook.


I didn't fool her.
She knew immediately.
But I had fun trying...okay, now I'm just lying to you.

Advice: Don't try to hallow out your own book. It's not worth it.

Comments

I guess I am dumb. What is a nook?

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...