Little bits of this and that...

Kate is trying to tell me something.
Something I already know.
Something I'm reminded of each and every time I pass my running shoes.
I haven't run in almost a week.
Come on lady! Get your act together!
Yep, I'm pretty sure that is what she is trying to tell me here with my Garmin on her wrist and her 'running sunglasses' on her head.


*********************
In other news we've been having fun with Dina around here lately.


We sampled some treats Dina hauled overseas...juicy, plump dates.
They are delicious. 
And I learned from Dina that they are the first food consumed after a day of fasting during the month of Ramadan. 

Kate was a little uncertain at first. Like a puppy she licked, she sniffed and then gobbled them up. 

Wednesday was the first day of school for both Dina and Kate.
Here are their first day of school pics...

Boy oh boy, Kate is tall for a four year old. Notice a pink skirt beneath the pink dress in pic one and then orange shorts beneath the dress in pic two? The girl loves to dress herself and change her clothes...a lot.

Dina also brought individual gifts for Matt, for me and for the girls.
Kate and CJ have been loving their new stuffed friends and purses. 


Kate has even diapered and clothed the bears several times.
I also found Kate feeding the bears a potato.


****************
With our new house guest, the beginning of school and the end of vacation, Miss Claudia has been put through a series of ups and downs.
Wednesday she asked for a nap at 10:30 a.m. 
Huh? The girl who never sleeps ASKED to nap?
And then today while I was making lunch she cried herself to sleep in bed.
Double huh?
It's like The Twilight Zone around here.

***************
I feel like we are getting into a rhythm with Dina and it is really nice.
I sure hope my girls grow up to be teenagers as sweet as Dina.

*****************
Gotta run...I hear Sleeping Beauty waking now and she doesn't sound too happy.


Comments

Harlie's naps are crazy too.. she hardly naps one day and then sleeps in the next day because she's so tired or she'll take a two hour nap at 11 or 3 or whenever she is willing to fall sleep. She sleeps in the car, in the high chair, on her floor.. something is better than nothing, I guess. Right now she's sleeping in so I'll enjoy my alone time. Maybe I'll even get to watch some Ellen this morning.
Now you have 3 very pretty girls.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...