Good life...

Several weeks back I decided it was high time to upgrade my music. I am historically a 90's rock girl and I've always stuck with that. One morning in the car I switched the radio channel, heard some Pearl Jam, rocked out to a little 'Betterman' and then realized the station was flipped to 'the oldies.' Uh-oh. At that moment I knew it was time to find some new tunes to dig on.

Sometimes I trick my girls into eating healthy. I gave them a couple of apples and say, 'let's play Snow White!' Works like a charm!

Snow White falls into a deep sleep after one bite of the poison apple.

Thankfully 'Prince Charming' is available to kiss Snow White awake.
I promise we dress CJ each and every day but somehow she is always naked in pictures.

One of my new favorite songs is "Good Life" by OneRepublic. I listened to it several times during today's early morning jog. With the lyrics pumping through my earbuds, the sun shining on my face and a slightly cool breeze blowing I thought, yes, this is the good life. I ended the run with my spirits high and a literal spring in my step.

I asked Kate to put on a headband to hold her hair back before we went outside. This is what she came back with.


I've listened to that same song a few more times today as I've swum my way through piles of toys, whiny tantrums and dirty laundry.  These everyday things are simply pockets of undesirables bobbing in a sea of good. The good things in the sea (little girl giggles, time alone with my husband, sun shiny, early morning runs) absorb the bad. And when I can't swim through the bad I pour a margarita and wait for tomorrow. Now that is a good thing.

Pouting because she wasn't able to steal the basketball from me. I'm pretty much Michael Jordan.


Speaking of good things, I am on edge waiting for Friday. My mom, sister and I are taking a girls' trip. Oh, come on Friday. I can't wait patiently much longer!

Comments

Very ineresting. You are very lucky to be a "Stay At Home Mom".The next best place for kids is at Grandma's house but the Grandma spoils them. Ask your Mom.
One of my "bucket list" items is to listen to lots of music. I have been pulling out random CD's and have found some old but good ones.. like Gnarles Barkley, Willie Nelson, and India Arie. I was disappointed to find Modanna's CD case empty. Enjoy your music.. it's good for the heart.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...