Cars, computers and girls...

Both of our vehicles have been in the shop this week.
That always means big bucks.
Of course, I tackled all of this before I went for my girls' shopping weekend.
Dumb, dumb, dumb.
I should have waited until the week after so I didn't feel guilt spending money on my mini-vacation.
Don't worry, I somehow saw past the guilt.

To top it off, the day after I returned home from the mini-vacation I broke our laptop.
Sigh...

On a happy note, this past weekend my mom, sister and I went to Des Moines for a girls' weekend.

 It's generally a good idea to comb your hair before getting your picture taken. Lesson learned.


The three of us shopped and ate and drank and shopped and ate and drank.
We had a great time.

Me and a margarita on the left. Me and maple bacon ice cream on the right.

We hit up the East Village, the Farmer's Market, Trader Joe's, Homemakers and Jordan Creek Mall.
No store was left unexplored. No credit card left in the wallet. (Just kidding Matt!)

Mmmm...maple bacon ice cream!

Friday night when we checked into the hotel purchased via Priceline we learned that the only rooms available were those with one king size bed. The hotel staff thought there might be some cots available but we were told not to hold our breath.

As we attempted to get ready for bed at 10:00 with no available rollaway beds in sight, we laughed at the hilarious idea of three of us sharing a bed. We took pictures, of course.


After all three of us somehow fell asleep I heard a knock at the door around 10:45.
The teenage boy working the front desk had found us a cot!
And we no longer had to sleep like the grandparents in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.


Thanks girls for a fun weekend!
I hope to do it again soon!

Comments

Hilarious hotel story--love Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Glad you had a good time with the girls!
You look like triplets in that bed.
Nice you had a good time.
That makes me laugh! Glad you had a good time! Did you have to draw straws to see who got stuck in the middle?

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...