Bad couponing...

This has been a L -- 0 -- N -- G week.


A week of staying indoors, and any parent knows what that brings out of their kids and themselves.  
But Friday is here and this week is almost nothing more than a memory. Phew.

To celebrate the week's end and the weekend's beginning I bring you... bad couponing.
It puts a smile on my face.
**********
Obviously lovely lady statues and Snoopy adult size watches wouldn't be mass produced if the masses weren't purchasing them, right?
Am I offending you? I hope not.

I guess when I open the coupons I expect coupons. 
You know, discounts on milk, chips and shaving cream. In that order, of course.

I have seen dozens and dozens of 'coupons' for various statues.
This one is no different.
However after examining this coupon I've noticed something that stretches beyond the lady statues. 
It spans cat statues and dog statues and sometimes those 12-prong bra coupons.
The common bond among the majority of 'bad coupons' is faux gems.
I had no idea America was so in love with them.
I should become a faux gem distributor.
Now that is where the money is.
That and owning carnival equipment, but carnie goods are another story for another time.


I don't know about you but each Christmas I look at my tree and think, something is missing.
More lights? More garland? More fake, screaming babies?
Ah, yes. My tree needs more fake, screaming babies.
Because sometimes a parent's life just doesn't have enough screaming babies.


Those babies will run you $10 a piece.
Better forgo the gifts this year or get a smaller tree cuz it isn't cheap to decorate your fake baby tree.
*********
Here's to a good weekend and a (hopefully!) great week to follow!

Comments

Julie Ulven said…
LOL!! You made me laugh with that baby ad. Yes, we all need more fake babies crying in our lives and less of the real babies fake crying at us.
YESSS! I knew you would have something to say about the bawling baby! I thought the exact same thing.

P.S. I made your molasses cookies yesterday and they were delish. Apparently 3 for each kid at 10:00am is enough to completely ruin their appetite for lunch. :op The ginger cookie recipe I usually use is very similar. It just calls for a little more ginger, 2 tsp. of cider vinegar and butter instead of shortening. I had some stick shortening that was technically expired, so I needed to use it. I actually had enough molasses in the house for a double batch, although it was mild flavor instead of dark. I wonder how big of a difference that makes? I've never taste-tested molasses. :op Also, I used half white and half whole wheat flour and you'd never know the difference. Emily has commented more than once, "Mom, your cookies are delicious!" So thanks for sharing! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...