That kind of weekend...

As I type this Matt and I are crashed on the couch attempting a full fledge long weekend recovery. 

Wouldn't it be fantastic if every weekend was a three day weekend? 
I sure wouldn't mind it.
Our weekend was full with...


*golf tournaments*     *grill out with my parents and sister*     *bike ride*     
*visit multiple parks*     *shopping for groceries and summer clothes*     *realize my swimsuit is see through*
*first summer trip to the pool*     *cleaned out the litterbox*     *watched "black swan"*
*watched "the fighter"*     *went to church*     *took a bubble bath*     *made homemade jambalaya*     
*read a book in peace*     *lay mulch in flower beds*     *made molasses cookies*
*ate a sandwich called the big pig*     *vacuumed*     *grill out with matt's parents*     
*cleaned the bathroom*     *slept in*     *laundry*     *went out for pizza*     *took zero pictures*     *run*


Kate had a lot of words in her mouth this weekend. And most of those words had something to do with the pool and grandparents. She just couldn't wait to dip her toes into the water. And when we finally made our way there, even the sweaty 87 degree day wasn't enough to warm the frigid water. But kids don't even notice temperatures. Her eyes were dialed in on the water, and the diving board, and the slides.


Like so many other families out there we indulged in all things good and delicious this weekend.
We ate our fair share of cookies and rib,chips and sandwiches. Thank goodness I'm in the middle of this 21-day-habit-run or I would be pulling on my cookie pants right about now. 
Have you heard of cookie pants? Sure you have, you probably just have a different name for them. 
Cookie pants, fat pants, big pants, sweat pants.
Whatever you call them, they sure are comfortable.


I'm not too sure what is going on in these pictures. I took them off my mom's camera from her trip to the bakery with the girls and my dad. I believe CJ is attempting a smile actually. And I believe Kate ate so many donuts it appears she is worried the donuts are now going to eat her. At least that is what she looks like here...


Have you been to the La Porte City bakery? Soooo good.
You must try it. And if you do plan to stop you must invite me. :)

Hope you too had a fun-filled weekend!


Comments

Your weekend was as busy as ours. We visited nine cemeteries. Ate at KFC- Went to the River boat. Went to a ballgame. Val & Tyson are still here but much luckier than I am. they are still sleeping. Tyson went to the lakes with Greg & Deb & boys and 3 other friends of M &M's.I need rest!!!!!!
We had a nice relaxing weekend too! And I have never heard the term cookie pants... but I wear sweatpants all the time sooo.. what are you saying?? : ) Just kidding.. a 4 day weekend coming up for us.. I can't wait!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...