Hey, hey...

I finally got the program to work so now I can have two Valentine's Day blog posts.
(If you don't understand what I'm talking about then please refer to the below post.)

Anyway...
The girls and I have been munching on heart shaped cookies.
(They were a gift... I've never successfully made sugar cut out cookies.)

We've been enjoying them on our new Valentine's Day placemats.
Aren't they cute?
Just looking at the Target store drains my wallet.


Miss Claudia and I made a Valentine's Day banner out of felt.
I did the tracing, cutting and sewing.
She helped by being super cute.


And finally we surprised the girls this morning with little bags of chocolate covered animal crackers wrapped in funny animal boxes.
I let them eat the treats for breakfast!
I know... what kind of mom am I?


We also played outside after lunch.
The girls splashed in puddles.
CJ has never done this before and LOVED IT.
You might think I'm exaggerating but I AM NOT!
She seriously giggled the entire time.
She was soaked head to toe.
I finally decided it was time to take the girls in when CJ started sucking on her soaking wet mittens.
YUCK!

She screamed and bawled.
It was one of those fits where a kid's nose runs SO incredibly badly that they are almost choking on their own grossness.
But I fooled her.
I drew a warm bath and filled it with plastic ducks.
That was enough of a distraction to get her to stop sobbing.

When I took their boots off, the boots were completely filled.
I probably poured a good quart of water out of each shoe.

I think we will be heading out again tomorrow.
Oh, and the best part about puddle splashing?
It makes them both worn out enough for a good, solid nap!
Happy Valentine's to me! ;)

Matt is making supper tonight!
What a guy!

Comments

You are one brave mama, all we have is a bunch of mud outside, something I'm not ready to try with the kids. Glad you are having fun!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...