I try, I fail, I succeed...

Today didn't start off very well... and it hasn't turned around yet, either.
.
The girls have been challenging and I have tried to power through it.
I even built them a giant tent, dug out the Christmas lights that I just put away and tried to convince them to play.
Without going into detail, let's just say the tent was only up for 10 minutes and in that 10 minutes I witnessed lots of tears, lots of screaming and lots of whining.  And it didn't end with the tent.

These photos sure paint a different picture, don't they?
I could pretend and tell you a hilarious story of how the girls loved the tent, got along with each other famously and loved the idea of playtime.  But I would be lying to you and myself.
The tent was a failure.  My efforts were failures.


These same failures continued all the way up until nap time... God, I hope nap time lasts for hours!

So how did I succeed today?
Today I succeed because I failed and yet I'm going to turn around and keep at it.
I will keep on trying.
I will keep on loving these little monsters no matter what.
Because one day I will holler for them to quit fighting and there won't be anyone there to fight with.

Now...  I'm off to reclaim my sanity with cookies and a good book.

EDIT:  20 minutes into nap time Kate comes downstairs to announce she already slept.  Sanity... slipping... away...

Comments

Julie Ulven said…
They need a puppy and an espresso. It's January and it's boring to be inside so much. We are not faring much better here. Hang in there.
Losing nap time was a huge adjustment. I hope that Kate can transition into break time for you! I will miss somethings but I don't think I'll miss the fighting.. and it's just getting started. (that too will pass.. when they are in their 20's).

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...