Warning: Thoughtful, Sentimental Post Ahead

This girl is about to turn four!
Well, not until January, but I've been thinking a lot about four.


In what feels like a blink of an eye, my oldest has gone from baby to big girl.

 

And before I know it, she really will be driving a car and talking on a cell phone.

Tonight Matt and I attend Kate's first ever school conference.
She is doing amazingly well, by the way.  Her teacher didn't have one bad thing to say.
She is awesome in every way and we couldn't agree more.
She plays well with the other kids, she knows all her colors, letter, numbers.
She can count to 100 (though she occasionally needs help.)
She LOVES reading books. (Or having books read to her is more like it.)
She can find things she needs in the classroom on her own.
She is just thriving.

And while she sometimes drives me bananas with her constant questions, I know she is just trying to absorb as much information as she can.  I am honestly excited for what the future holds.  Not just for Kate but for my relationship with Kate.  As she has been growing up I have found myself wanting to take her shopping with me.  I want to go on walks with her.  I like playing games with Kate.  And I cannot wait for all the other things in life we get to do together. 

So GREAT job, Kate.
Your Mom and Dad are so very, very proud of you!

Comments

This must be a magical age because I feel the same way about Emily. I enjoyed taking her on a 3 hour shopping trip this past weekend and Cinderella the weekend before. I find myself looking for more stuff to do with her. :o)
Time goes faster than you realize. Good to spend all the time you can with her. When Sarah was that age some lady told me Sarah was as sharp as a tack. So Kate is just like her MOM.
I'm starting to see a turnaround from toddler to growing up to four years old with Wendell as well. Especially now that Harlie is entering the toddler stage.... I see how Wendell is exciting. Glad to hear her conference went so well. It's so nice to hear good things about our kids... give yourselves a pat on the back!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...