birthday weekend madness...

What a weekend!
What a birthday!

I had a fabulous time...a fabulous, exhausting time.

To begin my birthday Matt took the girls and I out for breakfast at the bakery where I ate a whole lotta french toast!

We then made a trip to Matt's Grandma's house for a Thanksgiving celebration.
Matt brought along this to celebrate...


A super cool, swimming pool birthday cake.
And it wasn't just a replica of a competitive swimming pool, it was also a banana cake.
LOVE!
Isn't it so fun?!  Complete with gel lane lines and fondant racing flags, starting blocks and ladders!
(Although pool ladders are always removed before a race.  Just a little swimming trivia for you.)
The cake was created by my friend, Megan.
It was so delicious!
Thanks Matt!  Thanks Megan!

Here I am in Union, IA waiting to dig into my banana, pool cake with CJ.
(Miss Claudia didn't nap that day so we were all dragging a wee bit.)


Afterwards, we dropped the girls off with Gma and Gpa Craft and hit the town.

We played black light mini-golf and the birthday girl won.  :)  We visited a downtown Waterloo restaurant, went to bed when we wanted and.....woke up when we wanted!  Sleep!  How wonderful!!
The next day we took Kate to the UNI v ISU women's basketball game.
Kate had lots of questions.  And did lots of dancing in the aisle during timeouts.


And while I won't go into each and every detail of my birthday weekend, it was a blast.
I wish we could do it all over again.

And finally, while it wasn't a birthday gift, it still rocked my weekend.  I'm talking about our new table!


I can promise you this is about the one and only time you will see it so clean.
From here on out it will probably be covered in crumbs, spilled milk, crayons and several stack of paper.
All signs of a well loved home, right?!

And in case you thought the above table photo was too boring, I caught a pic of Matt waiting for supper the other night.


Comments

LOVE the new table! I can see why you're so excited about it.
You had a GREAT birthday. I love your new table. Also I love the picture of you & CJ. Also of Kate with her Mom & Dad and YES MATT the one of you too.
Happy Birthday Sarah! Glad you had such a nice weekend. We all need those once in awhile. The new table looks great, and love the picture of Matt with giant butcher knife and hot pink kids plate to match.
megankremer said…
So glad you liked it and you had a great b-day weekend :) Love, love, love the new dining room set!!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...