Spend the money

I have wasted so much money on jeans.  Blurg!  We all know the challenge of finding a great pair of jeans.  I've never bought into the belief that fitting rooms are rigged to make you look better than in the outside world, but I think I'm coming around to this notion.  The last three or four pairs of jeans I have bought looked good in the fitting room and that is about it.  They are too big, too short, and turn your rear into a hexagon.  You stand in the fitting room looking like Heidi Klum and you walk out looking like Roseanne Arnold.

The other day, however, I had one of those ah-ha moments complete with a lightbulb and everything. 

I have one pair of jeans that are my absolute favorites.  I bought them ages ago...I'm talking, before I was married.  That is quite awhile for jeans to last.  I wear them all the time and they have held up brilliantly.  Sadly I didn't even know the brand so I finally looked and hmm...I must have found them on clearance long, long ago because they are Tommy Hilfiger jeans.  I have always scoffed at Hilfiger.  Too preppy, too expensive, too everything...but you know what, they transform you into a long, lean, cute bootie hipster.  So I have now purchased my second pair of Tommy jeans and I CANNOT wait for their arrival. 

Comments

Julie Ulven said…
I hate shopping for jeans. I finally just "spent the money" on Levi's which fit me the best. I don't get why they make the waistbands narrow and the belt loops wide and tack the loops below the waistband. I have ripped a lot of loops off my jeans which leaves a gaping hole.
I also hate shopping for jeans. And I hate spending a lot of money on jeans. Thankfully, there is a current style from Old Navy that I really like. They're cheaply made and wear out fast, but they're cheap in price, too.
I looked all over the stores to find some jeans and finally went to goodwill and found two great pairs for super cheap. They are the older style of jeans but I just can't do the low riders and that's all I could find. Hope the new jeans work out! It's probably too late now but you should check out amazon.com as they seem to sell things for less and you can often get free shipping (that's where I got my bra's).

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...