Pumpkin Love

What's not to love about pumpkin??
I love pumpkin bread.  I love pumpkin scones.  I love pumpkin half n half and lattes.
And now...I love pumpkin cookies.

Make them now.  Thank me later.  And save me one while you're at it.


Harvest Pumpkin Cookies

2 cups flour
1- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup chopped pecans (toasted) OPTIONAL, I did not include

Frosting:
6 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 cups powdered sugar
teaspoon(s) water to right consistency

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Chop pecans. In a saute pan, toast pecans until fragrant. Set aside.  OPTIONAL

In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and all spice. Set aside. In a large bowl (or mixer) cream together the sugar and butter. Add one egg. Stir in the pumpkin. Add flour mixture and mix until incorporated. (Do not over mix.) Stir in pecans by hand.

Drop with a teaspoon onto a greased cookies sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.

For frosting:  Heat butter in a a saucepan. Add brown sugar and stir. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar. Add a teaspoon of water or more until you reach desired consistency. Frost the cookies.

I found the original recipe here.  A very talented woman with more talents than I have in my little finger.
Hooray for pumpkin!

Comments

HI- I copied your recipe and will try it one of these days. Windy here. Kate & CJ would blow away.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...