Jesus, Laundry and Car Screaming

Life has three constants.
Ok, so probably more than three but right now, for me, it feels like about three.

Constant #1:  Jesus
I can always trust that Jesus loves me no matter what.  And I should really rely on Him more often.

Constant #2: Laundry
There will forever, ever and ever be more laundry.  Just when you think you have every last piece of dirty clothing washed, dried, folded and put away, someone will poop on a rug or barf on the curtains.  And then you remember, oh yah, I'm supposed to wash other things like rugs, curtains, slipcovers, car seat cushions, etc.  Blah.

Constant #3: Car Screaming
Whether I'm driving my sweet faced, little girls across town to preschool or across the state to Lawton, IA, I can rest assured there will be screaming.  Lots of screaming.  I never have to worry about being bored in the car from silence because I can always tap my foot to the ear splitting sounds of CJ hollering.  You could give her food, drinks, books, toys and even your credit card and she would just keep on screaming.  Sometimes that means I too want to scream.  I've thought long and hard about seeing who could scream the loudest.  But I try to act like an adult and instead turn up the radio as loud as it can possibly go. 

So when life seems like a roller coaster and I'm not sure what is waiting for me around the corner I always know I have three constants.  How comforting!

Question: Do you have any tips to entertain your child while in the car?



Comments

Matt said…
The title of this post sounds like a good country song. "Jesus, laundry & screaming . . . "
Put in a tv & let her watch cartoons
Julie Ulven said…
I agree with GG Smith. We use a DVD player. Even if it means watching the same video for 14 hours across Iowa, Nebraska and Colorado. So days I am not sure who endured more pain, Jesus on the cross or us trying to get Mieke to calm down in the car.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...