A day with nothing to do makes me scared for winter...

Today is Wednesday.
We had nothing planned for today.  Under normal circumstances I would be looking forward to a day of nothing.  But for some strange reason the day dragged.  Each time I looked at the clock I expected it to be at least two hours later than the actual time.  The girls were fun and super well behaved today.  We made a trip to the park and rode bikes around the block a few times.  We played upstairs, we played downstairs, we played playdough and puzzles and blocks.  And yet, it felt rather dull.  Which got me thinking.  What am I going to feel like when winter hits.  When you go out only when absolutely necesssary.  When the only places we'll be traveling to are preschool and the grocery store.  Sure, we'll have the occasional playdate and story hour but I'm just feeling a little uneasy about the stillness of winter.

Enough of my silly worries.
Here are a few pics from our nothing day.

Hanging out in a princess chair pantsless.


Finding the bag of playdough things when mom wasn't looking.
Thank goodness it's non-toxic.  Ha!


And that was it.
I told you it was a day of nothing.
I did take a photo or two of Kate but she kind of sneered at me in each of those so I figured I'd spare you from her practicing-for-the-teenage-years looks.  Something else for me to worry about, eh?

We did, however, end the evening on a high note.
After a wild and splashy bath (all baths are that way around here), we snuggled in a chair.
Well kinda...


Apparently we read books upside down in this house.  We're that talented.

Then the pile of girls went from snuggling to climbing.

And finally to full on attack mode.


Here's to a fun filled Thursday we have planned for ourselves!

Comments

I'm scared about winter, too. We spend so much time outside--especially in the late afternoon. It's the only thing that makes 'em happy sometimes. However, Emily has been asking about making snowmen off and on for two months already. I hope Lincoln likes the snow!
Very few people look forward for winter. Winter is not here yet.
Yeh, I can feel winter lurking too but more in the whole sickness department, missing all the fun things because someone is sick... and being stuck at home in an icestorm. Ergg.. it isn't here yet so I guess just keep enjoying the nice weather while we can.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...