Half

Only three more days before race day.  A day that follows ten weeks of rather intense training and mental preparation.  Ten weeks of choosing an apple over ice cream (not all the time, of course!) and ten weeks of pounding pavement before half the town is even out of bed.  But it is all worth it.  I'm hoping for the best...good weather conditions, a cooperative tummy and a positive attitude.

I have one more run before my half marathon race on Saturday.  A short 3 miles lies between me and 13 rigorous, sweat drenched, goal achieving miles.  I can't wait!

I haven't updated the blog with running updates for about a week and a half.  I've completed lots of little runs and three 'hard' runs.  I haven't been taking the Garmin for my easy runs so I'll just report on the more challenging trips out.

Thursday of last week: (4 x 1 mile repeats, with a 1/4 mile cool down between mile sprints)
  Mile 1: 10:22 warm up, why so slow?  I stepped on a walnut and my knee met the pavement.  I sat there
    for awhile before getting up to run with blood dripping down my leg for the next 6ish miles.  Ugh...
  Mile 2:  7:55
  Mile 3:  7:47
  Mile 4:  7:47
  Mile 5:  7:58, I don't know why this mile was so much slower?
  Mile 6:  9:30, cool down

Saturday: 8 miles in 1:10:19, 8:47/mile average.  This was supposed to be an 11 miler but I shortened it to 8 miles and I'm so happy I did because my quads aren't burning like they normally do...I'm hoping that means I'll be better prepared for the race.

Today's run, Wednesday: 5 miles with 3 tempo miles thrown in the middle.  My goal for my tempo miles was 8:05/mile but I was able to pull out faster times.  I hope that means I'm extra prepped for Saturday.
  Mile 1:  9:04, warm-up
  Mile 2:  7:56
  Mile 3:  7:58
  Mile 4:  7:53
  Mile 5:  9:21, cool down

I have a little bit of a cold so I'm hoping to shake it come Saturday morning.  The race starts at 6:30 a.m. so I'll need to get there by 5:45 a.m.  Yikes!!  Matt and the girls are coming up to see me finish the run.  They will be such a welcomed sight.  I have butterflies in my stomach as I type.  I can't wait for race day!

*JUST FOUND OUT THE RACE WILL NOW START AT 7:30 INSTEAD OF 6:30.  WOO-HOO!!*

Comments

Good luck to you. However it isn't all luck-it's ability and you have that.Also determination which you also have.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...