Eat, Pray, Love...read

I think most of America has at least heard of the book Eat, Pray, Love. 
(Don't really click to 'look inside' I just copied the pic from Amazon.)


When it was first released I was very excited to read it, primarily because I had heard such rave reviews.  But I don't like it.  I only read the first 50 or so pages.  Then the movie was released...with Julia Roberts.  Who doesn't love Julia Roberts?  Pretty much all of her movies rock so I thought, I need to give that book another try before seeing the movie.  So I pulled out my copy of Eat, Pray, Love and again, only made it through the first 50 pages.  Blah. 

I don't like it.

I want to like it.

But I don't.

Maybe you will?

Leave me a comment telling me your favorite dish and who makes it.  For example, I LOVE my mom's kringla.  I wait and wait for Christmas so I can eat large batches of my favorite cookie.

I also want you to say a prayer for a friend and give all your loved ones a hug.
Get it....Eat (fav dish), Pray (for a friend), Love (give away hugs)!

I will select one name at random and mail the winner a copy of Eat, Pray, Love.
Maybe it will become your new favorite read?
And if not, then you can give it to someone else to try.

Comments

Megan said…
I agree with your review. It was a good book, but definitely not up to all the hype. I tried to take away a few good messages and tell myself it was worth for those. Also, I already own the book. If anyone else is interested I would be willing to pass it on as well.
I didn't think the book was all that great either. But one of my favorite foods is my moms meatloaf and fried chicken... yum, makes me want to eat it.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...