Whistlin' Good Morning

Monday was rough.
Tuesday was alright.
And today?  I have high hopes for today!

Wednesday started off with a 7 mile run finished in a very short 58 minutes!
I ran a warm-up mile then 5 miles in 8:15, 8:02, 8:03, 7:55, 7:52 followed by a cool down mile.
I'm as pleased as punch.  AND it was a gorgeous 54 degrees out this morning.  Boy howdy!

I came home jumped in the shower and began our trial run for preschool which begins tomorrow.
I had Kate and myself dressed, hair combed, breakfast eaten and in the wagon by 8 a.m.
CJ may have been in her jammies but she was at least looking cute in those jammies.

After we took our preschool trial run wagon ride we returned home and Kate asked to play pretend preschool.
So she practiced her letters and numbers while CJ played with a feather boa.  Yah, that's right, a feather boa.
CJ is now down for a nap and Kate is peacefully playing her recorder with Sesame Street in the background.
Lovely.

Now I want to share with you one of my new favorite snack recipes.
I'm calling it Kid's Trail Mix because it sparks Kate's interest.
I got the recipe from Parents magazine.  It is delicious, simple and smells just like fall.


Kid's Trail Mix

1 x 2.9 oz bag microwave popcorn (I used Farmer's Market organic popcorn because I'm a dork)
1 C raisins
1/2 C dried apricots, chopped
1/2 C dried cranberries and/or dried cherries
1/2 C honey
2 Tbs. butter
1/4 C finely chopped pecans, walnuts, and/or peanuts
1/4 C raw sunflower seeds (I used pumpkin seeds)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1. Oil hands to keep popcorn from sticking. (I didn't do this and nothing stuck to me.  Plus it is hard to chase a 3 year old and an almost 1 year old out of the garbage can, dishwasher and off the stairs with oily hands.)

2. In a large bowl combine popcorn with dried fruits and set aside.

3.  In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir honey with butter, nuts, sunflower seeds, and cinnamon and mix until well combined.

4.  Carefully drizzle mixture over popcorn and fruit, stirring constantly, until everything is well coated.  Let sit overnight.  Or do what I did and eat it immediately with your 3 year old.

Makes approx. 4 cups.

Nutrition per 1/2 C: 291 calories, 3g protein, 11g fat (3g saturated), 50g carbs, 4g fiber, 27mg calcium, 1mg iron, 104mg sodium

Comments

That is a very good picture of Lindsay & the girls. They look like little angela.They just could Not cause any turmoil at your house1

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...