Running week in review and setting my sights on a WMPR

GREAT WEEK OF RUNNING!!!  Super great week!!

Tuesday: 4 miles (this day was actually really slow but I was feeling dog tired)

Thursday: 4 miles.  It was supposed to be a 5+ miler day with lots of splits but the day before this run my 'running partner' put my GPS watch on her wrist during the day, turned it on and never turned it off.  I went to start it up Thursday morning and found that someone had been 'running' for over 13 hours and the battery had died.  So I swapped Thursday's run for Friday's and did so without a watch. 

Friday: 5 miles
  Mile 1: 9:21, warm-up mile
  Mile 2: 7:58, my goal was 7:58!!
  Mile 3: 7:52, my goal was 7:58 so I was 6 seconds faster
  Mile 4: 7:47, again my goal was 7:58 so I was very pleased
  Mile 5: 9:29, cool down

Saturday: 10 miles in 1:28:20, average of 8:50 / mile

I am very happy with my Friday and Saturday runs.  I'm ahead of my goal times for individual work-outs with 5 more weeks to go.  Or is it 4 weeks?  I should probably know that. 

Anyway, I started running some numbers and it appears that setting a new personal record (PR) for myself is going to be a wee bit of a challenge.  My half marathon PR is 1:48 or an average of 8:16/mile.  Which makes me ask myself; how in the free world did I ever run that fast?!?!  Oh, yeah, I remember now.  My only responsibilities were to go to work, feed the cat, be nice to my boyfriend, run for as long as I wanted and watch Survivor.  So, I have decided to forget about my old PR and instead create a WMPR, a Wife and Mom PR.  Now that I am a wife and a mother I have less time to run and run and run.  I'm in a new chapter of my life and I should therefore have a new title for any and all PRs.  Whew...that is a load off my shoulders.  I don't have to run a 1:48 or less!  I have a whole new outlook on this half marathon business!  The sky is my limit.  (But secretly I'd still like to break that single life PR.)

Comments

You should live closr to Val. See who could run the longest distance in the shortest time.
Keep it up and I love the WMPR idea. I guess that's the down side of having done so great in the past when life wasn't so complicated... then people like me who are just getting started and every year I get better.

Anyways, you're doing great! You probably told us but when's the race?

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...