Running Update

Despite my lack of posts on the subject of running, I have, in fact, been running.  I have accumulated two weeks worth of running to blog about.  So let's get to it, eh?  Oh, but before I do, let me tell you that I have slept GREAT the last two nights.  Hopefully that poor night of sleep Thursday evening was a fluke.  Hope and pray and wish.

Two weeks ago:
Monday: 5 miles in 44:32, 8:54/mile average
Tuesday: 3 miles (didn't bother to bring the Garmin)
Wednesday: 4 miles, tempo run
  Mile 1: 9:00, warm-up
  Mile 2: 7:57
  Mile 3: 7:54
  Mile 4: 9:29, cool down
Thursday: 3 miles, this was supposed to be a 4 miler but we were on vacation and the air was SO incredibly thick and humid that I just gave in.  Although I did have some beautiful scenery during those 3 miles.
Sunday: 5 miles in 44:13, 8:50/mile average

Last week:
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 6 miles, Tempo
  Mile 1: 9:19, warm-up
  Mile 2: 8:22
  Mile 3: 8:13
  Mile 4: 8:15
  Mile 5: 8:09
  Mile 6: 9:17, cool down
Thursday: 5 miles in 43:22, 8:37/mile average
Sunday: 11 miles in 1:37:12, 8:50/mile average

A couple of great weeks of running.  I seem to be slowing gaining speed.  That has to be an oxymoron...slowly gaining speed?  Anyway, for example, at the end of July I ran 9 miles in 1:20:40 for a 8:58/mile average.  I've been eating a lot better and trying to learn more about what kind of nutrition is best for runners.  The change has been a real positive for not just my running but for my overall well-being.  I feel really good, energetic and healthier.  Only three more weeks and race day will be here.  I can't wait!

Comments

I'd like to hear some thoughts on nutrition for runners. Any tips? Good job on the running!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...