Panic and Confusion

Last night was rough.  I laid in bed without falling asleep until sometime shortly after 2 a.m.  This happened to me about two weeks ago, too.  So frustrating.  The first time it happened I thought it was because I had drank two glasses of sun tea that evening, but caffeine has never really affected me before.  I had nothing else to blame so I went with the sun tea.  Last night, however, I hadn't drank any caffeine since my morning cup of coffee.

I think I was a little nervous being home alone with the girls.  I could have sworn I heard about seventeen burglars downstairs.  I even made one trip down and thankfully found nothing.  I finished reading a book, got a drink of water, walked around a bit, checked on the girls to make sure they were still in their beds, tried counting sheep...nothing settled me.  So around 1:45 a.m. I did a VERY selfish thing.  I scooped Kate out of bed and laid her down next to me.  About 15 minutes later I was fast asleep.

Of course, CJ is our early riser so I only banked about 4 hours of sleep last night.  I'm hoping the lack of sleep doesn't catch up with me and turn me into a big crab because I'm home alone with the girls all day and night again.  Despite the risk of crabbiness today, my bigger concern is tonight.  Will I be able to fall asleep?  Am I becoming an insomniac?  Why has this happened to me twice in such a short period of time? 

Say a little prayer for me because I think I need it.

**Whoa!  I just had a revelation and knew I had to hop back on here to share.  I just realized that the two nights I wasn't able to sleep I had worn the exact same shirt the during the day.  Could it be that a shirt is causing me to lose sleep?  Am I nuts or is there something to this?  I think I may throw away that shirt!**

Comments

Ask Val about those nights she can't sleep. i don't how she lives on such small amount of sleep. I have those nights too quite often. Most be in the genes.
I hope your day went okay, Sarah. I said a little prayer for rest. I totally know how you feel. I was up from 1:00-5:00am not once, but twice this week. The first time was because of pain in my foot. The second time I don't know why. Austin was also gone all week. It took a pure miracle (and some cat naps) to make it through the following days. Hang in there! I suggest taking two Tylenol PM pills an hour before going to bed. :o)
Ergg.. lack of good sleep is not fun. Phil and I both have discussed not sleeping so well the last few months. It could be lots of things. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue! I will say a prayer for good sleep this week.
Julie Ulven said…
Sleepless in LaPorte: maybe it's the heat, the end of summer and those locusts chirping that's keeping you awake. It is a camping tradition that you should not sleep in the clothes you wore that day or that you cooked in --it keeps the animals out of your tent. Did you wear that shirt all day? Weird, I know. I change clothes when I cannot sleep. And flip my pillow over, too.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...