Never a dull moment...

The Craft girls can never make a trip to Walmart without drama.
And this week's shopping trip was no different.

We actually went to the Cedar Falls Walmart instead of the Waterloo one, thinking that perhaps things would go smoother.  I hate to say it but the Cedar Falls Walmart is full of college kids, stay at home mommies, sweet senior citizens and people who brush their hair and teeth.   Whereas the Waterloo Walmart is full of people without shoes and manners, and their shoppers are often found wearing clothes that reveal tattoos of Bugs Bunny smoking pot.
Sorry Waterloo Walmart, it's just a fact.
Seriously.

Nonetheless we still found drama...actually WE created the drama.
First Kate insisted she leave the house looking like this...


Which was really, really cute but it sure drew some looks...especially when the drama was taking place.

It started with a girl who had to go potty really, really bad.  So with CJ and Kate in the cart I flew to the front of the store.  Scooped up both girls and the bag in one arm and ran us to the bathroom only to discover the bathroom was closed for cleaning. 
What?  They clean the bathrooms in the Cedar Falls Walmart?  This place is awesome!

I tell Kate we must run to the bathrooms in the way back of the store.  So Kate takes off sprinting through the aisles with her tutu flying behind her and my running headband on her head while I'm following her mad dash with CJ in one arm, the bag in the other and my hand dragging our full shopping cart of groceries.

We make it to the back bathroom just in time.  I hang the diaper bag on the hooks, help out Kate, explain why we have to use soap on our hands and then head out the door.  We are just about done shopping when I realize we have no way to pay because I forgot our diaper bag in the back bathroom. 

Convinced that someone is in the process of stealing my wallet, Kate, CJ, the shopping cart and I once again run for the back bathroom.  We thankfully find the bag with all contents still inside.  I give up on the remaining groceries and head for the check out. 
Our big saving grace?  There was NO LINE at the check out?!
 
What?!  I normally have to wait in line for 15 minutes while Kate begs for every princess camera, candy bar and magazine in the checkout lane.  Suddenly all of the drama was forgotten.  No line.  Happy.

We finally arrived home, had a nice lunch, ate ice cream cones while walking around the block and now everyone is asleep. 

Here's to a happy, peaceful Friday!

Comments

LOL! We seldom make a trip to Wal-mart without a little drama, too. This morning I discovered halfway to the entrance that I had grabbed the diaper bag instead of my purse out of the van. I don't think they would have accepted fruit snacks or granola bars as payment. I also had to pull the "if you don't walk nicely next to the cart (instead of hanging on the front and randomly hopping on and off) you can't watch your princess video when you get home" on Emily. Thankfully that worked b/c I was counting on a nap this afternoon. She had just picked out "The Little Mermaid" from the library and was very excited about it. She's never seen it. She kept calling her a "mermie" with a swimsuit and a tail. :o)

Also, as I was walking into Wal-mart I was thinking how sad it was that most of the time I fit in with the Wal-mart stereotype. (The Waverly Wal-mart clientele is probably the middle ground between CF & Waterloo, but leaning toward W'loo.) This morning I was wearing a T-shirt, old shorts, ankle socks and worn-out black Croc clogs with no make-up, minimal jewelry and just a comb-through of my hair. In my defense, the foot fashion was necessitated by my current foot issues and the other b/c I had my MRI this morning and couldn't have anything else on. However, more often than not, I'm not exactly looking my best and the kids aren't either. Oh well. My budget likes Wal-mart, and when it's only 5 min. away and a good "outing" when you really need one, we'll take it. ;o)

End of soliloquy.
I remember taking Grandkids to K -Mart.!!!!!!
We were just at walmart - Phil and I both , so two adults - and after 10 minutes we got two carts. One for our groceries, one for Harlie. Harlie just can't seem to sit in the seat. Even if she's strapped in, she can stand up and turn around and bend over the back of the cart. So after we got two carts... then our life got much better. On our way out today though, I did sadly admit that we were those annoying people who's kids are running all over and screaming/screetching. And yes, I prefer the CF walmart... for me it's the parking/traffic and the people.. not a great reason.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...