A Week of Running Update

It was a GREAT week of running for me.  I really feel fabulous.  Despite the high heat and humidity I had some very good runs this week.

Tuesday: 5.33 miles, I don't have a time because I forgot to charge the Garmin (GPS watch)
Thursday: 5 miles in 43:49 in early evening w/ VERY high humidity
  Mile 1: 8:50 (warm-up mile)
  Mile 2: 8:30 (pace mile)
  Mile 3: 8:41 (pace mile but humidity eating me alive)
  Mile 4: 8:47 (pace mile, I was virtually melting)
  Mile 5: 9:00 (cool down)
Friday: 4 miles in 35:34, easy day at a 8:54/mile average, oh yah, the humidity was terrible this evening, too
Sunday: 9 miles in 1:20:40 at 8:58/mile average

So why was this week so great for me?  My average pace, even on my easy days, was much faster than normal.  At first I thought this was due to me completing two of my runs in the evening instead of the morning (thanks thunderstorms) but my Sunday morning run came easier than normal. 

I'm excited about my pace and I hope to continue improving.  Next week is pretty similar to this past week's running schedule except I'll have to complete a 10 miler next weekend.  Yikes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...