Road trip, Oreo Love and Swimming

We hit the road on Sunday to celebrate my brother's and my dad's birthdays.
The only way to get through a road trip with CJ is to feed her...constantly.
Here you can see CJ's hand reaching to Kate for more goldfish crackers.


Kate was getting restless, too.  But wait, did I tell you it was only a one hour drive.
Yep, one hour and we have to pull out all of the tricks just to stay sane.
I handed Kate the camera and told her to take pics of things.
She was beyond excited.  I almost never let her use my camera...but I had to do something.
So here is Kate's pic of CJ.  Believe me, she was not this happy 98% of the drive.

Kate thought the trees were pretty.  Or she just wanted to keep taking pictures.

She took A LOT more pictures but they weren't really blog worthy...or even viewing worthy.
But she had fun.

Today has been kind of a weird sleeping day.
Matt and I woke up and found Kate sleeping in the hallway.  No pillow, no blanket...just laying on the carpet.  Matt put her back in bed and she slept until 9 a.m.  Then I had to wake CJ from a 2 1/2 hour nap this morning so she could eat lunch.  Now both girls are sleeping.  Don't get me wrong; I'm as pleased as punch to have so much free time but I'm wondering where all this is coming from.

We ate lunch on the porch today.  CJ scored herself an Oreo.

And then we jumped into our swimsuits and hit the pool for an hour and a half before the skies poured on us.
Here is Kate in her new cute hat.  Well, I think it is cute.

Tonight begins Kate's first ever experience in Vacation Bible School.  I am her teacher.  Pray for me!  :)

Comments

Love the oreo picture! Very cute.. good luck with VBS!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...