New Look

I have this chair.  It isn't very cute. 
The shape is nice and it has some old style character but I really dislike the seat.
I've been using it as my sewing room chair but soon discovered it is not at all comfortable to sit on.
So while Matt and Kate were golfing yesterday, CJ and I started out on a new project.
See my little helper in the background?  :)


CJ 'helped' me remove the old chair pad.
It is VERY sunny in the sewing room.  CJ loves it.

I thought about painting the chair but decided I kinda like the old worn wood.

We ripped off the old fabric and added some new.
I actually bought this fabric for another project but I have tons leftover so I thought this might be a good place for it.

Now I'm going to go have a seat here and hopefully get my other project done!!
It is going to be super cute.

Comments

Julie Ulven said…
Funny, I found a chair in a box in the basement that I have never opened to put together. I thought it was unfinished wood but it is stained and finished. I am thinking about padding the seat and covering it. And use it in my sewing room. Good work!
Julie Ulven said…
My second comment: It looks like that chair once had a caned seat. Those holes around the edge look like caning holes. Cool finished project.
Looks great.. I didn't know you were such a crafty person.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...