Food and other stuff

The Craft household made some new food discoveries this week.
First up....Nutella.  I've had it before but apparently Matt and Kate have not.  They are in love.  If you haven't had Nutella before, it is a chocolately, hazlenut spread found in the peanut butter aisle.  Yum.

Secondly, have you read the book 'The Secret Life of Bees?'  In this book the characters regularly eat Candlestick Salad.  I surprised Kate with it the other day.  She thought it was pretty cool.
When I first brought it out the banana was without a cherry.  Kate said, "but the candle isn't lit."
Aha!  I pulled out the cherry on a toothpick and 'lit' the candle.  She dug it.
(Can you see the Nutella beard on her chin in the second pic!)

CJ needed a treat too...so here is another Oreo pic.  Notice she never gets Oreo anywhere else besides her face and hands.  She isn't about to waste one teeny, tiny bit of Oreo.

And on this lovely Saturday morning we had a Craft dance party.
We used to have dance parties all the time but for some reason fell out of the habit.
Below left is a Kate sandwich, or a dog pile on Dad.  And below right is Kate trying to 'jump so high she hits her head on the ceiling.'

The last two Saturdays I have given a running update.  However, I decided to put off my LONG run until tomorrow (Sunday) morning.  My legs need a break from the last two days of high humidity running.  I have never, ever, ever sweat so much.  Gross, eh?  It was just icky and sticky out there.

Comments

Julie Ulven said…
I love your kids' eyes! So pretty and blue. Never had a candlestick salad but it looks yummy.
Love the first pic, Kate looks so happy with her treat. Glad you had a fun morning... dance parties sound fun. 99% of the time I dance or sing around Wendell he says "no mom" and demands I stop unless I'm singing a kids song like ABCD or Jesus love me. I try not to take it personal : )

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...