Spoiled Rotten

When you read the subject title of this post I bet you thought I was referring to my girls.

Nope.  I'm referring to myself.

Today, I was spoiled rotten.  Instead of grocery shopping at Walmart where you are lucky to find cinnamon and no employee has ever heard of bagels, I visited Hy-Vee.  Big deal, right?  You betcha!

It was amazing.  I saw foods I've read about in recipes that Walmart never knew existed.

Panko bread crumbs.
Truffle oil.
Bean sprouts.
Mascarpone cheese.
Organic veggies and fruits.
And the list goes on...

Oh, but the fun didn't stop there.  When I went to check out, I couldn't put the groceries onto the conveyor belt fast enough.  Those dimple faced, little high school boys happily accepted my reusable shopping bags without a whine or complaint and filled those puppies with groceries before I could get my wallet out.  And then...Kate, CJ and I skipped to the van with our arms free because those high school boys patiently waited for me to pull my vehicle around so they could load the groceries.  I sat behind the wheel sharing Rolos with Kate while the boys did the heavy work. 

It was heavenly.  I never want to return to Walmart again.  I want to bask in the happy glow of Hy-Vee where people were as pleasant as peaches and no one tried to touch my baby girl with grubby, stubby fingers.  Where I didn't have to stand in line for 20 minutes and then listen to the check out lady crab at me because I didn't put things onto the conveyor belt in the right order.

Sure I've had good experiences at Walmart before but none of them compare to the happy feeling I had leaving Hy-Vee after one little shopping experience. 

I love you, Hy-Vee.  You complete me.

Comments

glsgls said…
Stay out of Walmart.

SuperTarget, HyVee, or Trader Joes when it opens in West Des Moines.
I don't shop much at Walmart, I prefer Hy Vee for food and K mart for other items as it is alot closer than Walmart.
megankremer said…
You should send hyvee a link to your blog- they would love this!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...