Decorating Advice (from someone who doesn't know how to decorate)

Have you seen that new Target commercial?
The one with the little girl who falls in love with a new color each day.
Monday she loves everything red, Tuesday everything green, Wednesday everything orange and so on...

That is me.
I love so many colors that I seem to choose a new favorite every time I turn around.
This makes it very difficult to decorate.
One month I think, I want my whole house to be draped in blue...only to change my mind the next month.

I really don't know anything about decorating.
I am a very spontaneous person so most of my decorating decisions I have made without much thought.
But you know what, I kind of like it that way.

Nothing in my house matches, really.
But that also means my house isn't matchy, matchy.
I don't like matchy, matchy...at least not for my own house.

I like an eclectic collection of stuff I love.
Right now I really love most of my house.
That's not to say I haven't made some decorating mistakes.  Just take a look at this...

This is the dining room in our old house.  I look back and think hmmm...what was I thinking.
However, I was really into this bright orange room for a little while.
In fact I'm really happy we painted it this color.  I put it on the wall and got the color out of my system.

We've gone through a lot of junk with this bathroom.
Remodel, paint, repaint, repaint again.  Holes in the wall and now one in the ceiling.  Blah!
Oh, and I can't forget the surfactant leaching.
So after all of this, the bathroom has yet another new look.

And remember this room?  I'd show you the before but I can't find it.
Anyway, it is the craft room, or the hobby room, or the my-room-of-my-own room.
Whatever you want to call it.
The above room still has some work but it currenty houses this...my new sewing machine.

I have some plans for this baby.  And those plans will hopefully take shape soon since I just figured out how to use my new old sewing machine.  I have some grand ideas in my head.  Now I just have to make those ideas into a real product.  Hopefully I'll have something for you in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...