Tax day is cause for celebration

April 15th, tax day, is a difficult day for some people.
Most of America procrastinates.  Myself included.
But six years ago tax day took on a whole new meaning for Matt and me.

Six years ago today, tax day, Matt and I sat in my apartment watching my most favorite show, Survivor.
Matt kept interrupting my show with questions like...
"Would you ever try to change me if we stayed together for a long time?"

"What?  Survivor is on.  What are you talking about."  That was my reaction.

About an hour later Matt said he forgot something in his car.
He ran out and when he returned he was carrying an enormous bag....full of bridal magazines.

I was very confused.

First he was asking me very unusal questions and then he hands me a bag of bridal magazines?
Looking back I should have figured it all out...but I didn't.

And it was then that Matt proposed.

I was amazed, excited, shocked, speechless.

Coincidentally, April is a very big month for us.

We met in April, had our first date in April and got engaged in April.

So tax day, and the entire month of April, is really a cause for celebration.
We've known each other for 8 fabulous years.

There is just one thing I would change about us if I could.
I wish I would have met Matt more than just 8 years ago.
He is too great.  Life is too fun with him.
I wish we had more fun stories and history behind us.
But thankfully we have many, many, many more Aprils to come.

So a very HAPPY TAX DAY to you and your loved one.



Comments

Matt said…
Great story! But you left out the part about you originally saying "no" to my proposal!
Sarah Craft said…
Well that is true...kind of. It was a surprised reaction. "Noooo, really, how exciting, of course!" That kind of a no. But I did follow it up with a very quick yes. :)
Julie Ulven said…
Ahh, love in April. Five years ago today my Matt and I were rehearsing for our wedding. We will celebrate 5 years of marriage tomorrow. He also kissed me for the first time in April (it only took him 4 months to do that!).

Mieke is sitting here with me going "Aww! Cute Baby CJ. Cute Kate!" Love the photos.

Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...