The search is over...EDITED

My favorite cereal in all the land is granola.
But it is expensive.
So I've been trying recipe after recipe to come up with the best tasting homemade granola.
.
I have never found one I love...until today...


Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes

4 C old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
1 C sliced almonds (or slivered or whole...whatever you like)
1/2 C shredded coconut
1/2 C honey
2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 C dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, raisins, etc...)

*Heat oven to 350 degrees.
*On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the oats, almonds and coconut with honey, oil and salt.
*Bake, tossing once, until golden and crisp (20 minutes)
*Add dried fruit and toss to combine.
*Let cool.

YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!

When I originally posted this I accidentally typed 1/4  C of honey but it should be 1/2 C honey!

Comments

I, too, love granola but am usually too cheap to buy it. I tried your recipe today and agree--it is delicious! The only problem was that I used sliced salad-topping almonds b/c that's what I had in the house. I realized too late that they are pre-salted, so my final product was a little salty, but still great. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing (and doing all the experimenting)!
The honey must not make that big of a difference b/c I used 1/4 cup and it seemed fine. Maybe not quite as crispy as I thought it would be.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...