Freebie Friday

Well I had about 45 minutes or so in the car to think today.  I've decided that I like blogging and I am going to keep it up.  And if I really believe my blog is getting boring then I just need to do more to make it interesting.

So I'm going to try something new.

Beginning each Monday for the next several Mondays, I am going to have an interview with one of my readers.  So be prepared...you may get a phone call from me! 

Secondly, I am going to have a beneficial give-away each Friday. It won't last forever but we'll see how it goes the first few Fridays. So today is the first ever Freebie Friday! That is what I'm going to call it.

So here is how today's Freebie Friday works.

This Sunday I want you to give $5 additional dollars to your church. Most of us attend some church and participate in an offering each weekend. Well I want you to give $5 more this weekend. If you normally give $10 a week, then this week make it $15. If you normally give $20 a week....well you get the idea. It's simple math! And if you don't attend a church then I want you to give away $5 to someone in need.

So what is the Freebie you ask? Well after you commit yourself to giving $5 bucks away, comment on my blog and tell me to whom or what your money went towards.

Monday afternoon I will randomly select a winner from all the comments and that person will win a coveted jar of Sarah's homemade peanut butter! Trust me...it is delicious.
But for now I will leave you with some pics.

Kate loves ISU basketball players so much she writes them notes.
She asked me if we can mail the note below to Diante Garrett. 
She also asked if we could call him on the phone.

CJ got herself stuck in a difficult position.
Even though I was sitting next to her, I still can't figure out how she managed to wedge herself inside her exersaucer.
Kate (and I) made this cute, little flower vase this week.
I cut off the top of a water bottle.
Kate tore up little pieces of the Sunday comics
And together we glued the bits of newspaper to the outside of the bottle.
We then tied some ribbon around it and cut some neighboring lilacs.
I think it is awfully cute.
Finally here is CJ in her fav location.
Sitting in front of a box of toys.
She loves to pull out each toy, slobber all over them, then toss the leftovers to the side.
Minutes of joyous entertainment.  :)

Comments

Sarah Craft said…
This comment if actually from my mom...
She wants to nominate my dad for Freebie Friday. She says...'he used his afternoon to go to Iowa City (from Cedar Rapids) to mow the front yard of my mom's office. (She works at the SE Iowa Lutheran Synod.) The lawn care contractor has been short handed and some important people were coming for a meeting on Sunday night. Dad knew I was embarrassed about the way the yard looked. Plus dad really likes your peanut butter but saves it for me.'

Thanks for the nomination mom. A good deed done!
Anonymous said…
Hey Sarah - so glad you are continuing your blog - it brings a bit of sunshine to my work day. In fact, I would wager to guess that it is good enough to become a regular column in the local paper should you ever have an interest.... :-)
Sarah Craft said…
I received a couple more emails in response to Freebie Friday.

My mother-in-law, LeAnn, gave to the Heiffer project (spelling?) at church. She also told a bunch of her friends about it. Together they raised $130!

The other email comes from my Grandma, Virginia Smith. She gave money to someone she thought was in financial need!

I'm so proud of everyone's efforts!
I totally intended to participate in your "Freebie Friday" contest but totally forgot about it in the rush to get out the door on Sunday morning. I know it's too late to enter, but in honor of your request, I'm going to put an extra $5 in the money jar we are using to collect coins throughout the year and will give to someone in need during the holiday season.

I love your new idea. Can't wait for Friday again!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...