Boring old blog?

While letting CJ cry in her crib this afternoon, I started reading through some of my first ever blog posts.  And I was really quite interesting.  In fact, reading those old posts makes me worry that I have lost my touch.  My touch with the world around me, my touch with using grown-up words, my touch with writing things that are coherent.  I think my blog might be really boring. 

Back to the CJ crying thing.  Don't think I'm a bad mom.  I'm trying to be a good mom and make her get some sleep so her brain will develop properly.  I've always read that a child who doesn't get the proper amount of sleep means their brain won't have the necessary down time to develop at the rate it needs to.  I'm sure CJ is doing fine really, but she probably sleeps only 9 hours a day.  Meanwhile, Kate sleeps around 13 to14 hours a day.  (11 hours at night and usually a 2 to 3 hour nap in the afternoon.)

Now maybe CJ is one of those kids who doesn't need as much sleep, and that is fine.  But really 9 hours of sleep? 
I remember shortly before CJ was born I said to Matt, "OK, here we go.  Only two rough months and things will be smooth sailing from there."  That is how things went with Kate so I assumed the same with CJ.  Boy, oh boy, was I ever wrong.

ANYWAY!  I am way off topic.  I'm thinking of kind of quitting my blog.  If I decide to quit, I won't quit entirely.  I'd probably continue to use it for picture updates so family members can keep tabs on the girls.  But sometimes I feel like I write for myself.  The writing is a way to let out my feelings...and I don't think my feelings are really very interesting.  At least not to others.  So anyway, there you have it.  I'm probably going to think on it for a few days and then decide.  No sense in making rash decisions, right?

Comments

megankremer said…
Just wanted to say that I enjoy your blog :) I know we don't know each other that well, but I find you and your blogging entertaining!
Courtney said…
I like your blog Sarah! I wish I had the discipline to keep up with mine like you do with yours. I know there are so many memories that are fading just because I don't take a few minutes each night to put them into words.
Oh, Sarah. Please don't quit! I love reading your blog. I love your sense of humor about things. I love hearing about someone with kids the same age as mine. I love trying some of your recipes!

I use my blog as an outlet, too. It's helpful as a de-stresser and I know I wouldn't do it in another format (i.e. on paper) because I've been there, done that. However, my honest advice would be if you enjoy blogging--keep doing it. But if it has become more of a chore than hobby, take a break.

And on the sleeping thing--sorry about your luck with CJ. I can barely get by on 9 hours of sleep! ;o) I considered it bad luck when Emily stopped napping at age 2, but at least she still sleeps approx. 11-12 hours at night. You were right about the former post. That face is adorable--except at 4:00am. Very few things are adorable at that hour. :op
I was feeling the same way about my blog but I've decided to try something different and I'm actually looking forward to it... maybe you'll want to try this with me. Here it goes..sometime this summer I am planning to take a one month sabatical from the computer. My plan is to pick a time that doesn't interfere with us buying/selling a house, my triathlon, and Harlie's first birthday as those will be some major highlights of our life. So anytime before or after that I plan to be computer free, break my addiction and go back to the old way of life - use the phone, mail a letter, open a cook book, etc. So, just another idea.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...