Amazing advice??!!

So at Mom's Morning Out today someone shared an idea.
This idea originally came from an author on parenting and I think it is brilliant.

So I previously posted my struggles on encouraging Kate to spend some occasional time on her own.

And here is what I am going to try.

I am making four 'tickets'.
Each ticket is an opportunity to play with mommy.
I will hang the tickets on the refrigerator and each day Kate can use up all four at any point in time.
Once all four tickets have been 'spent' then that is it for the day.
That doesn't mean I won't interact with her.  
I still want to have our book time and snuggle time.
And I want her to help with cooking, laundry and CJ when she wants to.
These tickets are for all those games, dolls and toys she begs me to play with each day.

I think this is fair.
I hope she will think the same thing.

I will let you know.

Now for some photos...

Comments

Matt said…
$10 says the tickets are gone by 9AM. Keep in mind this is the girl that thinks it's a new day when she wakes up from nap.
Sarah Craft said…
Umm yeah...I haven't even tried yet. I was going to make the 'tickets' this morning but everything is running so smoothly around here today that I think I will hold off. Perhaps it is the beautiful weather...who knows?

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...