by request

Below is the recipe for Apricot Chicken.
I am going to post the recipe as I prepare it.
I will follow it with how the actual recipe reads.
Both are delicious and virtually the same. 
However, I've found that the original recipe is a little too soupy for my taste.
Plus I usually cook for just the three of us so I make a few adjustments.

Apricot Chicken
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
2 chicken breasts cut into strips or 1 lb chicken tenders
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tbs cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
6 to 8 dried pitted apricots, chopped
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C apricot all-fruit spread or apricot preserves

Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.  Add olive oil and chicken.  Season with salt and pepper. Lightly brown the chicken on each side. Add onions and cook, 5 minutes.  Add vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate.  Add apricots and broth.  When broth comes to a bubble, add preserves and stir to combine.  Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer, 10 to 15 minutes. 
I like to serve over brown rice.

The original recipe: 2 lbs chicken tenders, halved on an angle, 1 large onion, 12 dried pitted and chopped apricots, 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup apricot preserves.

Also by request is the Brussels Sprouts recipe.  YUM!

1/4 C dried apricots, chopped
12 oz Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
2 Tbs roasted, unsalted almonds, chopped (I usually use slivered almonds)

Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add Brussels sprouts, apricots, almonds, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, tossing, until the Brussels sprouts are just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.

I hope you enjoy!
If you cook any of my recipes, let me konw how they turn out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...